Weekly Photo Challenge : Beyond
What lies Beyond?
For my daughter
What lies beyond this young girl’s eyes?
What lies beyond her smile?
What lies beyond the moon and stars?
What lies beyond the sun?
Questions never answered.
Answers never known.
Reasons never understood.
Equations never solved.
Lifetimes without meanings.
Meanings without end.
Thoughts without significance.
Cause without effect.
I’d give to you the moon and stars.
I’d give to you the sun.
I’d give you all the answers.
If only they were mine.
Here is love and laughter.
Here is all my time.
Here are ears to listen.
Here are arms to hold.
You will find your answers.
You will find your way.
You will find what lies beyond.
You’ll find it all someday.
This post is in response to the WordPress weekly photo challenge. My daughter asked me what I was doing. I showed her the photos that I had prepared for this challenge. She told me that for her “Beyond” was “out there”. For her beyond, is space and time, things we can’t see. I asked her to choose a picture for me instead of using those I had selected. She chose this picture of her eye with something beyond it that we can’t quite make out.
What does ‘Beyond’ say to you?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (joebeans2002.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond – Benches (teepee12.wordpress.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: beyond (cloudandmountain.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (bellaremyphotography.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (codeforconfession.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (thepanamaadventure.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beyond (dailypost.wordpress.com)